In the Soviet Union, the state secret-police organization (1917–22), succeeded by the GPU.
The Cheka was created on December 20, 1917, after a decree issued by Vladimir Lenin, and was subsequently led by aristocrat-turned-communist Felix Dzerzhinsky.
1 Cheka pronounced Chayka:
1. Russian acronym tɕɛ.ˈka Chrezvychaynaya Komissiya, Extraordinary Commission : first of a succession of Soviet state security organizations. It was created by a decree issued on December 20, 1917, by Vladimir Lenin.
2. Swahili verbtɕɛ.ˈka means to laugh. Eg Cheka kidogo = laugh a little
2 Cheka pronounced Cheeka or Chika
1. Filipino word: means 'gossip'
2. Japanese name f. chi ka: means 'a thousand summers' or 'a thousand songs'
3. Igbo name m. and f. (Nigeria and Sierra Leone): means 'God is the greatest/God is great'
1.1 The Cheka monitored the Russian people during the Soviet days.
1.2 Jon: 'What does cheka mean in swahili?' Kenyan person: 'It means laugh'