1. Smarties are from England and simply have a production plant in Canada (as well as Germany and several other countries)
4. The original "Rules of Baseball" was written by Alexander Cartwright, a New Yorker, and the origins of pre-baseball games are said to be from England. I think you mean that "Baseball is played in Canada."
5. Sort-of, but I'll give you this one too. Lacrosse was an iriqois game first witnessed by westerners by a Frenchman back when we were both part of the British empire.
7. I guess... James Naismith was indeed Canadian, but this all happened in Massachusetts.
8. Apple pie has been eaten since before the New World was even discovered, recipies date back to the 1300s...
10. Given, though Dunkin' Donuts is garbade. TH coffee is garbage too, but the food is much better IMO
11. The war of 1812 was before Canada WAS Canada, it was the UK vs the US, period. The US DECLARED war (but certainly did not start it) because of the UK FORCING americans to serve in their royal navy. It was more or less a second war for independence and ended with a treaty.
12. You guys better keep appeasing all of Quebec's demands so they will stop threatening to leave your union.
13. Canada has never played anything more than a supporting role in any war, ever. There is no reason to surrender when you've never fought an actual war on your own.
14. Your civil war is coming in the near future if your rediculous appeasing, ass-kissing politicians fail to keep Quebec from seceding.
16. Plaid was only cool in Seattle, lol.
17. The HBC was a British company when that was true.
18. Given, lol.
20. Not really anything worth bragging about, did this just happen in Canada?
21. Snowmobiles were indeed invented by a canadian, jet-skis were invented by an Arizonan, Velcro was invented in Switzerland, Insulin is found natuarally in the human body, but was discovered by a German, and was first USED AS A MEDICINE in Canada. Penecillin was discovered by a Scottish scientist, Zambonis were invented by an American, in America..... Oh and Alexander Graham Bell was Scottish too. Are you just naming random things and saying they're Canadian? This is really rediculous, lol!
23. Superman was invented by an American AND a Canadian in America.
It seems from this that one could just make random claims in Canada and people would just completely take it for fact, without any bit of skepticism, lol. Do you guys usually confuse yourselves with Great Britain? :)
That being out of the way, I love Canada! I love Canadians! I haven't met many Canadian assholes at all. From my point of view, Canada and the US (Canadians and Americans) are much more similar places than some people on either sides of the border seem to believe. Other than these few discrepencies that I have pointed out, Canadians are by no means short on reasons to be proud to be Canadian. It is a great and underrated country that tends to fly a bit under the international radar. Low key, understated. Progressive and humanitarian, and a better neighbor than Mexico :)
how canada should be
A map of the True North Strong and Free.
its in the clouds
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down
4. Baseball is Canadian
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass
11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed
the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to
13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.
14. Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American
mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
23. A Canadian invented Superman.
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!
Oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.
I am not a lumber jack or a fur trader,
and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dog sled,
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzie from Canada although I am certain they're really, really nice, uh,
I have a Prime Minster not a president,
I speak English and French, not American,
and I pronounce it about, not a boot,
I can proudly sew my country's flag on my back pack,
I believe in peace keeping, not policing, diversity, not assimilation,
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch.
And it is pronounced zed, not zee, zed.
Canada is the second largest landmass,
the first nation of hockey,
and the best part of North America.
Canada: I love you too, America!!
1)We both use maple syrup like crazy.(We have something called IHOP)
2)We both play hockey (personally I dont)
3)We both buy and sell products with each other
4)We both have thousands of hypocritical asses who post their intellectually devoid "insults" on urbandictionary.com
I don't think they are weak at all. I earnestly hope that the United States and Canada shall become allies. I would be proud, as well as millions of other Americans, to have them as close friends.