1. a 24-hour dive with underpaid waitresses, classically bad juke box music, bathrooms a la truckstop, and food that no respectable arteries woulc bear.
2. the only place to go-- besides Wal-Mart-- after 11pm in Arkadelphia, Arkansas and similiar ends of the world
local or person-to-person. A typical grassroots effort might include a door-to-door education and survey campaign. Includes political, educational, artistic, and especially collegiate movements involving the common people as constituting a fundamental politico-economic group
My friends and I started a grassroots campaign to oust the oligarchal university board of trustees.
also known as Solo II racing-- the SCCA brand name for autocross competition. Solo II events are driving skill contests that emphasize the driver's ability and the car's handling characteristics. This is accomplished by driving a course that is designated by traffic cones on a low hazard location, such as a parking lot or inactive airstrip.
1. in ancient Greek history, the residence of Apollo's oracle-- The Oracle at Delphi
2. the place where Socrates's friend was told that Socrates was the wisest man alive
3. also known to familiars as "The Delphi;" an abbreviation of the god-forsaken Arkadelphia, AR-- Less likely to receive the incredulous "huh" from non-Arkansans.
super-cheap Franzia "wine" with natural flavors. In other words, if you're looking to move up from the Boone's FarmHigh School schtick, here's your gateway drug of choice. Eventually, you can move up to a respectable merlot.
Sarah filled up her 40oz 7-11 with the chillable and we didn't see her for a week. Damn lush.