A country with a rich culture and heritage, plus lots of drinking. Stereotyped by the world as being farmers and leprechauns (That accent that Richard Gere uses in the Jackal actually does not exist)
Oppressed for centuries and today divided, we are now ruled by corrupt politicians who are more interested in the contents of their next brown envelope than the welfare of the country.
Yes, despite all that, I'm proud to be Irish.
January 15, 2005
Word of Cork origin. Has several meanings, depending on context.
2) Foolish person
3) To be intoxicated
1) I've got a huge langer, boy.
2) You're some langer, boy.
3) He was langers, boy.
November 24, 2005
A man whose idea of freeing people is to blow them up. Since coming to power he has managed to invade 2 countries for pure profit. Before September 11th, spent 46% of his time on holiday. America would be better off with a monkey in charge.
Today President Bush said he was going to devaluate the Yen, causing a stock market panic. Apparently he meant deflate.
A drink that caught my curiosity at work, so I tried it. Tasted alright until I swallowed it. After screaming "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! The horror!" and downing six Capri Suns to wash away the disgusting aftertaste I vowed never to touch the stuff again.
Dr. Pepper. What's the worst that can happen?
You can end up tasting it. (Shudder)
From the tv show Red Dwarf, it is a commonly used insult, derived from Smegma.
1) Smeg: Exclamation of surprise not unlike fuck.
2) Smegger: Obnoxious person
3) Smeg head: As 2
1) Oh Smeg! What the smeggin' smeg's he smeggin' done?!
2) I'll nut the smegger into oblivion
3) I'm not an insubordinate man by nature. I try and respect Rimmer and all, but it's so hard because he's such a smeg head.
Genius sci-fi sitcom where humanity is (almost) extinct. Spawned the word Smeg
as well as various classic gags. Brilliantly written, as there are no cliches in the script whatsoever (example: Instead of using "Dead as the DoDo" a phrase like "We're deader than A-line flares with pockets in the knees." is used)
Has had 8 excellent seasons with the first 6 available on DVD (and the next two coming in Novemeber and February)
Talk of a movie in the pipeline, but no sign as yet.
How many other shows have you seen with Death getting a knee to the balls?
1. A person who comes from the great country of Ireland. Well known for being able to handle drink unlike the British or the Americans and being able to handle semi-automatic weaponry due to the fact that half the country is serving or have served in either the FCA or the Slua in their spare time. See Steyr AUG
2. A language that will be dead in twenty years if the Polish, Romanians and Nigerians keep coming in. (Not trying to make that sound racist)
3. What 50 million Americans who've never been to Ireland claim to be.
I'm proud to be Irish
January 26, 2006