1) much maligned county in south east england. canvey island, essex was one of the few places to submit a realistic bid against london for the 2012 olympics.
2) contains popular domestic holiday destinations such as southend, shoeburyness and basildon.
3) inhabitants also speak with what is considered the most aurally pleasing of english accents. it is also the most common tongue in places such as prague and benidorm.
1) people say that about essex cos its a cultural desert, innit!
2) our caravan in clacton-on-sea was torched last weekend!
3) chardonnnaaaahy, we goin to bluewortah dis sahndeee?
I dunnooaah kerrahy, aint lakeside nearah?
a shit and a drink of water
I woke up in the garage feeling rotten, I was only fit for a duck's breakfast
© 1999-2015 Urban Dictionary ®
Free Daily Email
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.