1. The name of a (ugly) hotel in Washington, DC.
2. Used to refer to the events following the discovery of the break in of the Democratic headquarters in the Watergate hotel complex by operatives of the White House that lead to the resignation of President Nixon.
3. Used to refer to a political scandal.
1. I'm staying at the Watergate.
2. After Watergate, people lost trust in the goverment.
3. Clinton had another Watergate on his hands with the Lewenski scandal.
One who does not admit defeat even though they have been beaten; used usu. in a derrogatory sense.
From Slobodon Milosovic, Serbian Leader who did not concede defeat in an election even after he had been declared the looser.