A town in southwest Georgia that was chartered in 1838 in which the founder chose the name of Albany because of its similarity to Albany, New York, which is another main city at the head of a navigable river. In 1988 Albany, GA made national headlines as the "Murder Capital of America," with the highest murder rate per capita in the United States. No shit. In 2000 this city with a population of 76,939 citizens was officially the "Blackest City in America" with African Americans occupying 64.8% of the entire population living within the city limits. That's right, not Compton not Harlem not even Atlanta is dirtier than Albany, GA. Many rappers claim to be from what they call the "Dirty South," but really they have no idea what the real "Dirty South" is, or what it is like to live there. Everyone here is racist, and I mean everyone; black, white, hispanic, whatever. The city's government is comprised of both main races, but most of the political decisions are based on racial issues.
<The armpit of the South. Very hot and humid weather year round. Many southern stereotypes live here like the well-to-do southern gentleman which is really just a spoiled kid who took over his father's business, and at the age of 30 still refers to his father as "daddy." Caucasians who have established themselves here live in the main golf course which actually holds debutant balls for girls who've just graduated from highschool. If you want a job in this town, you or your father had better know someone that has their own business. Otherwise your applications will be discarded for family members or friends who are usually under-qualified and lazy.>
1. Albany is a racist fucking town. Everybody hates anybody who is not a member of his/her race, and usually do their best to pass this trait to their children.
2. Why is there still nothing to do in Albany!?
3. Man, I hate paying the welfare for those damn blacks so they can just sit at home in Albany's projects all day and watch TV!
4. You're going to Monroe Highschool? Shit man, you're gonna be the only white person there. Hey, just lie about your address so you can go to Albany High with me.
Note: Both of the above mentioned highschools are public but have districts; where all who live within a certain district can only attend that district's public highschool or else they must pay for a private highschool.
5. Man fuck college. I'm gonna work for my daddy at his business in Albany.
6. Kids, lock your car doors when we cross the bridge into the east side of Albany.
Collectively illegal items that one would hide at his or her auntie's house.
I quickly realized exactly what neighborhood I was in when I heard the dealer yell, "Yams for sale!" What I was doing on this side of the river, I hadn't the slightest idea.