1. (noun) A lazy cowboy
who neglects their duties on a farm or ranch.
2. (noun) A rural person in an urban environment, such as an office, who's mannersisms are notably different, less competitive, and often performed at a slower pace than the urbanites
. The term may be used in either an endearing or insulting way.
3. (verb) The act of pressing one's finger
against a domesticated bovine for the purpose of testing the quality of meat or just for fun. Usually the index finger is used.
4. (noun)(slang) A male person with a tendency to have sex with only overweight females.
1. "Umm...Ma? I saw the cowpoke fishing at the river with no pants on I think."
2. BOSS: Hey, cowpoke. I need 25 copies of this report.
COWPOKE: You're funny, Mister Wilson. I like you.
BOSS: Actually, I'm serious. I need them before the staff meeting.
COWPOKE: Well. I'll see what I can do. Heh heh heh.
3. Leanne secretly watched Andy as his cowpokes seemed like more than just cowpokes lately.
4. After picking him up from his mom's motel room that morning, Bennie surprised Jay by calling him a cowpoke.