1. A small, magical humanoid creature, similar to a faerie (fairie or fairy); unlike faeries, they are usually not winged; in mythology and fairytales pixies use their magic to play tricks on or otherwise harass people, esp. by sabatoging machines or other technology
2. A short or young girl with puerile features prone to taunting flirtation or mischievous behavior
3. pixie cut: a short, 'boyish' women's haircut characterized by it staggered length (short bangs that lengthen to below the ears as the hairline approaches, shorter across the ears, and longer across the neck) and texturized style esp. by notching
1. Man 1: My printing press broke down overnight for the second time this week!
Man 2: It must be pixies!
"After dropping acid, I was accosted by a swarm of mischievous pixies!"
2. "Dude, your younger sister is quite the little pixie."
3. Grandfather: Are you trying to look like a little boy?
Granddaughter: No, grandpa, this is a very stylish pixie cut.