One of the most groundbreaking games in FPS
history, allowing players to re-enact historical battles of World War 2
in surprising (if not perfect) accuracy and realism. This game was also the first FPS style game to feature the ability to command any vehicle or stationary weapon battery the player might come across during gameplay. (The game features almost any vehicle significant to the war, allowing players to command everything from a British Sherman Battle Tank to a Japanese Battleship)
Battlefield 1942 is not only a revolutionary game because of its unique style of gameplay combined with easy-to-operate controller configurations, but also because (despite comments made by my fellow Canadian, Random Hoser) it is considerably accurate historically, providing brief accounts of battles after the real victors have won, and making up a believable post-battle summaries if the winning team were infact defeated during the given battle.
Two expansions have been released by EA
since the games original debut, first of which was the "Road to Rome
" expansion, which added the French and Italien forces into the gameplay, and is truly worth purchasing, and the later-released "Secret Weapons of World War 2
" expansion, ...
1. A hatchet-like tool or weapon made from a wooden handle and a sharp rock or bone. Used by Native American
people in war, predating the 20th Century, and as a tool with which to shape wood or cut meat from animal carcass's.
2. An American
designed tactical missile
system that utilizes GPS and IF (Infrared
) targetting computer to achieve astounding accuracy (margin of error: 5 metres) from ranges of several hundred miles. Can carry 3 warhead types: General Purpose Ordnance (GPU), the more common Late-Detonation Warhead (LDW), and the conceptual Tactical Nuclear ordnance Warhead (TNW), which has never met practical application.
1. The tomahawk was used as a melee weapon or could be thrown in the way one does when using a throwing axe
2. The tomahawk cruise missile system has eliminated the need to for long range precision bomber aircraft.
1) A mysterious, secretive character from several of the "Grafton Series" novels written by author Stepthen Coonts. Illin is an operative who holds a senior position in the Russian inteligence agency known as "SVR", but who more often than not is serving his beloved Motherland by doing what he see's best.
2. A formadible oponent in Battlefield 1942, or any of the games many mods.
"Janos Illin," the Russian said in impecable English, "and you are Admiral Grafton I presume?"
"I am" Jake said
"Then I have information privy to you that may save the lives of millions"
A band that, when it was first formed, was worth listening to. However, since they were launched into international stardom after the release of "Happiness is a Fish You Can't Catch", their third album, they started on a gradual downward slope, resulting in sell-outs who now are more concerned with aesthetics and "catchy-ness" then with producing good-quality music.
Some of their titles released before they became a joke were Starseed, Supersatellite and Clumsy