Useful for three things.
1) You're poor/out of town/on a coffee break and you need/want free Internet.
2) You're going to be spending hours working on schoolwork and need a caffeine injection to sustain yourself.
3) Both A and B
1) Jimmy: We're going to New York City... hold on, there's a S'Bucks up ahead. I'm going to check Google Maps for a sec to see where we are
2) Bob: Yeah, my thesis paper is due tomorrow. I'm going to Starbucks. A few shots there should keep me awake, if a little jittery, so I don't crash on the keyboard.
3) Mike: Oh shit. My presentation is due tomorrow and I haven't actually started it. I'm headed off to Starbucks with my laptop. Once a few drinks are in my system, I'm going to set to work and search the stuff I need on Wikipedia
, then type it up in different words, cite a vaguely related source, and fancy it up - hopefully the teacher will think I spent the last two weeks on it.