1. verb: To flee without any consideration, dignity, grace or seeming self-respect, particularly from a catastrophic or embarrassing occurrence, with only one's own personal interests at stake.
2. noun: A derogatory term for a person or individual who possesses the unlikable characteristics of someone engaged in schettinoing.
1. Verb: I got caught kicking that girl-scout in the vagina because she wouldn't give me a cookie, so I Schettinoed out of there!
2. Verb: Rupert Murdoch can schettino like no other. Did you see him schettino out of that News of the World scandal? There are rats who could learn a thing or two from that man!
3. Noun: For Christ's sake Dick, stop being a Schettino, and let's get this man to a hospital. I'm sure they'll believe you when you say it was a hunting accident.