When one visits a store or mall to admire goods rather than to purchase them. The 'shopper' seems to be looking so intently at the glass in storefront windows that he appears to want to buy the window itself, hence 'window shopping'.
"You seem to be really interested in that sweater. Do you plan on getting it?"
"No, I'm just window shopping."
1. browsing shops without intending to buy anything that time.
2. actually shopping for new windows
3. watching the prostitutes in the red light district
1. "did you buy anything while you were out?"
"no, i was just window shopping"
2. "That little wanker just booted the ball through the window, i'll have to go window shopping now"
3. "Jimmy's gonna window shopping, i think he's after a blow job"
When a man or woman in a relationship flirts with someone else, with no intention of taking it any further than that. It's like looking at a brand new 50" HDTV without the intention of buying it, even though it's still nice to imagine having sex with it.
1. Looking at products you do not intend to buy
2. A person who is involved with a signifigant other causually admiring another person's body.
1. "It's too expensive here, but I love window shopping."
2. "Jason wasn't intersted in that girl passing by, he has a girlfriend. Sometimes he just likes to window shopping"
when you go around the mall looking through store windows and you stare at things but you don't actually buy stuff.
nt t th mall th th day bt snc ddnt' hav any mny jst nt nd shng
When you try to have sex and can't get it up.
I woke up this morning wanting to get some and went window shopping
looking/staring at someone you want so so bad but you know you can't have/get for some reason.
guy1: *watches Jessica Alba walking by*
guy2: man stop 'window shopping' you know you can't have her!