2) A lifestyle choice, followed from the moment one makes the life-changing decision, to the day they die. These followers of straight edge are the ones that command respect or at least acknowledgement for their choice.
3) The latest craze for all the really cool kids who think that by doing it, they transcend coolness itself into a realm that only enlightened ones can reach. They do this all just by painting Xs on their hands and not talking to anyone with un-painted hands.
4) A cool way of denying that you physically can't drink or smoke etc because you're too young.
2) "That guy over there? He's straight edge, but he won't shove that fact in your face, 'cause he realises that it's his own choice. He's committed too, so all respect to him!"
3) "That guy over there? He's straight edge... though you can probably already tell that by either the sense of smug self-satisfaction written all over him, or by his thousand little ways of showing you that he's straight edge. He doesn't have a clue!"
4) "That guy over there? He's straight edge. He doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs or have sex. He doesn't even masturbate. He's 14... But by god is he straight edge!"
3)no promiscuous sex
4) Yes, we do have fun
Times as they are, there are now three kinds of sXe'rs.
1. Those who understand what it means. People who value clarity and wish to avoid altered states of perception, poisoning the body, or unsettling the mind. No drugs, some even avoid medicinal drugs as these can alter state of mind. No drinking to excess, as this can alter the mind and poison the body. No promiscuous sex, you got me on this one. These people are, 99% of the time, decent people who see their choices for what they are, choices, nothing more, nothing less.
2. Insecure gits. People who wish to place themselves on a self appointedly superior moral platform, then proceed to brag about how much better they are than everyone else. No drugs. No drink. No Promiscuous sex. No meat. No/very few friends, as few other than those who share their views can stand to be around them for more than ten minutes without driving a lit candle, wick first, into their eye, and injecting them with lighter fluid through the ear.
3. Hardliners. All the stupidity of number two, with knuckledusters. No drugs. No drink. No promiscuous sex. No meat 9 times out of ten. All the clarity with none of the intelligence.
2. Stop poisoning my air you arrogant ignorant smokers!