The role was typefied
(some might say invented) by Tony Blair's 'Director of Communications and Strategy' Alastair Campbell.
2. Someone who gives multiple points of view.
3. MD specialized in sprains and fractures
4. Disk smoother, with a lamanated belt and sands the disk.
2. "I loved the Cubs until that spin doctor down the street told me all sorts of neat things about the Sox."
3. "My brother f*cked up his leg on the steps, luckily my friend's a spin doctor."
4. "You messed up the CD I lent you! Go buy yourself a spin doctor, fix it and bring it back, asshole."