Top Definition
You call it an electromagnet, clever engineers call it a solenoid.

A length of wire wound around a ferrous core. The assembly becomes magnetic when a current is passed through the wire.
"Shit d00d, check out that l33t solenoid valve."
by Sam Roberts January 02, 2006

Free Daily Email

Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!

Emails are sent from We'll never spam you.