look up any word, like blumpkin:
A type of sousaphone (tuba) that was used from the late 1800's to the mid to late 1920's. The raincatcher looks similar to the modern day sousaphone but instead of the bell pointing to the crowd,the bell points upward to the sky hence the name "raincatcher".
I was doing some research on marching bands from the past & saw a picture of a college band from 1918 & the band had a odd looking tuba called a raincatcher.
by bigg3469 April 07, 2009

Words related to raincatcher

bands brass early 20th century music tuba