1. In boxing, a punch thrown at an unexpected time intended to take advantage of an opponent's unpreparedness. Often occurs during a clinch.
Mike Tyson (post-fight interview): "People think the way to beat me is to grab, pot shot, and hold me."
1. n. A very crazy shot, usually not aimed.
2. n. A quick lighting up of a joint before you leave.
1. He took a potshot, easily missing the barrel.
2. Before he left, Jerry took a pot shot to mellow down.
A contentious remark or statement. Often erroneous and/or irrelevant, too.
Glenn Beck's uninformed attempts at liberal-bashing are nothing but a series of potshots.
THC in cannabis extracted with high-proof alcohol and served in shot glasses. May also be prepared with weed cooking oil if alcohol is not desired. Get ready for an awesome night!
Those strawberry pot shots kicked my ass.
3. In a hockey fight, a player throws a punch after the ref has already stepped in.
Rick Jeanneret spewing forth: "McCreary (the ref) has stepped in, but Carsillo just took a pot-shot at Myers."
While masturbating you have a bowl
packed next to you. When you are about to cum
you stop, hit a bowl of weed and begin to furiously masturbate
. You blow your load and then blow out your hit.
i just did a potshot and it felt SUPER AWESOME.
The difficult art of jizzing in somebody's face when the lights are out.
Extra points are awarded if the result is still there when they wake up.
It is called a potshot because darkness causes inaccuracy in most cases
"Who the fuck has potshotted me?!"