or•tho•sex•ual \ ôr th -ˈsek-sh(ə-)wəl, -ˈsek-shəl
1. A person sexually attracted to others of the opposite sex and disposed to engage in biologically correct sexual behavior, i.e., sexual behavior that is biologically natural, normal, or typical.
2. (Sociology) a person sexually attracted to persons of the opposite sex and does not deviate from sexual behavior or conduct considered socially normal, usual, or acceptable.
3. (Psychology) a person erotically attracted to the opposite sex and disposed to sexually behave in a natural, normal or typical manner. A person free of aberrosexual or psycho sexual disorders such as bisexualism, fetishism, homosexualism, lesbianism, necrophilism, sadomasochism, scopophilism, voyeurism, zoophilism, etc.
1. (Biology) of or relating to biologically correct sexual behavior, conduct or practice; that biologically conforms to the norm or nature; of or relating to the opposite sex.
2. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications) of, relating to, or involving correct sexual intercourse;
3. (Sociology) of or relating to, and, therefore, considered socially acceptable or correct sexual behavior.
4. (Psychology) of or relating to orthosexuals or Orthosexuality; or characterized by sexual attraction, arousal or desire toward the opposite sex.
Synonyms: sexually correct, appropriate, healthy, sexually normal or typical, heterosexual
Antonyms: sexually aberrant, aberrosexual, homosexual, sexual deviant, sexual pervert
1. Edward, being free of psycho-sexual disorders, is orthosexual.
2. Only an orthosexual minset produces well-adjusted, truly gay human beings.
3. Thomas defends orthosexual conduct for all members of society.
4. Psychologists should help aberrosexuals live a healthy, orthosexual life.