An female of decidedly overwrought, emo or gothic tendancies.
Refers to the tragic heroine of Shakespearian fame who commited suicide due to her unrequited love for Hamlet.
Since he dumped her she's been shut up in her room listening to The Smiths all day. She's such an Ophelia.
1. pronounced "oh feel ya", ophelia means "help" in greek. it is a name given to females. this name is 1700s-style; it was a highly popular name back then, but these days, is considered an old-fashioned name.
2. many people love to make fun of this name, adding a sexual word after ophelia. for example, "ophelia cummings", which would be pronounced as "oh feel ya cummings." :D
3. ophelia is also a character in shakespeare's hamlet. this character eventually falls into madness and drowns herself.
4. someone everyone wants to screw because they wear slutty clothes too much.
1. some guy from the 1800s: i named my baby girl ophelia.
some other guy from the 1800s: cool. i did too.
2. "hey ophelia, ophelia crotch!"
3. ophelia was a character in hamlet.
4. "ophelia, nice low-cut top and short shorts."
A barren, bitter person who's delusions of grandeur lead to conspiratorial beliefs of personal destruction.
That crazy woman is suffering from Ophelia.
synonymous with the phrase "i feel ya" or "word"
--Dude X-Men III was wack!
Used to replace the phrase, "I feel ya"
MP-"Yeah Im getting so excited for this weekend! Its gonna be awesome!"
LW-"Ophelia. Im excited too!"