look up any word, like blumpkin:
A carpenter's term for the accumulation of cobwebs, dust, cockroach carcasses, and other debris that adheres to the sides and edges of floor joists.
"That crawl space was so narrow I had to lie flat on my back and every time I moved I got a face full of joist-smeg."
by Dr. Dummy December 14, 2005