1. A term used in feminist discourse to mean "I may drag all my issues into every discussion".
2. A methodology of making any issue too complex to be resolved, thus keeping academic theorists in a job.
1. "MY FEMINISM WILL BE INTERSECTIONAL OR IT WILL BE BULLSHIT!" (Yes, you can Google it.)
2. Viewed synoptically, the intersectionality of the kyriarchy subsumes.
Concept used to describe ways in which shitty social constructs like -isms & -phobias are interconnected (intersectional! geddit?) and not magically separate issues.
Also used to describe how social inequality is experienced as an "intersection" of several forms of discrimination.
For instance, feminism that totally ignores racism is inevitably going to fall flat on its face, and pretending all social issues boil down to "it's all about claaaaaass!" is an exercise in brainlessness.
A transsexual black woman experiences intersectionality because she experiences both transphobia, racism, and sexism.
People who cry "you're just being divisive! these are separate issues!" are ignoring intersectionality.
"My feminism will be intersectional or it will be bullshit."
1. Hating anyone who has privilege. (Men, Straight people, White people, Cis people)
2. The act of spreading hate by calling it equality.
3. Extremist ideology that is the polar opposite of racism. (But don't call it reverse racism, because then you're worse than a racist)
1. My name is Leah Robbins and I am a feminist who believes in intersectionality who is white and rich, but I hate all white people. Also I hate men because they have penises and even if they try to support what I am doing they are wrong because they have privilege. DOWN WITH THE STRAIGHT WHITE CIS MALE!