To be in love with the idea of being in love.
To assume you're in love without a proper reason.
Usually associated with mainly physical or sexual attraction.
Damn that nigga Ray is infatuated with that ho!
1. to inspire or possess with a foolish or unreasoning passion, as of love.
2. to affect with folly; make foolish or fatuous.
–adjective 3. infatuated.
–noun 4. a person who is infatuated.
My friend Matt is infatuated!
My friend Matt is infatuated! See below!
1. Number of people on earth: 5,592,832,000
2. But just under half are women (I presume it goes without saying that I would seek exclusively female companionship): 2,941,118,00 women on earth.
3. Given that the chances of my meeting a babe from Bhutan or a goddess from Ghana are limited, we need to limit the reasonable scope to the number of women living in developed countries: 605,601,000.
4. Given that I'm neither a pedophile nor a gentrophile, we need to limit the scope to women between the ages of, say, 30 and 55. The population tables don't list specific ages, but if we assume that the women in the age group "20 to 44" and the women in the age group "45 to 59" are evenly distributed, we end up with the women living in developed countries in roughly my age group: 65,399,083.
5. But of course not all of them are women I would consider beautiful. Let's not go overboard: let's assume that there are lots of women I could consider beautiful. Assume, in fact, that beauty is normally distributed in a given population, and that I could consider any woman two standard deviations above average to be truly beautiful. I would be left with: 1,487,838 beautiful women, living in developed countries, in my age group.
6. But lots of them are stupid. Assume that intelligence is likewise normally distributed, and assume that a woman one standard deviation above the norm is smart enough not to make me want to stick ice picks ...
A first glance physical attraction with no feelings what-so-ever.
Often confused with love at first sight.
1: Logan is quite infatuated with Adrienne.
2: When Logan saw the picture of Adrienne, he was infatuated.
The disgustingly happy feeling that is quite similar to a head injury. When infatuated, all common sense fails you. You turn into a giddy, giggling, goofily happy version of yourself that raises the eyebrows of the people that generally know you as a calm, smart, down to earth individual. You lose all sense of time while you're with the object of infatuation. You sit and grin while sitting in traffic remembering all sorts of little details of the times you've spent together. Sometimes, you laugh out loud and strangers look at you in fear and amusement. Your priorities suddenly change, everything that was important is no longer so. You forget or blatantly ditch out on events that don't involve your infatuation. You smile like a fool when their name shows up on your phone, you become a flustered moron when you're with them and yet you love it. You can't shut up to save your life, rambling the weirdest stories you've ever heard coming out of your mouth. Seeing them makes your whole week worthwhile. Dating, staying overnight, and waking up with them feels so amazing you question your sanity. You fall asleep and wake up thinking of the infatuation. You listen to terrible songs that remind you of them and check the urban dictionary to ensure your condition is normal. It's a wonderfully horrible change of character that should be welcomed but kept on a leash, lest someone have you committed.
"Is she walking around smiling to herself, singing, skipping and forgetting all our plans because of the brain injury she received in the car accident?"
"No, that healed up. She's just head over heels infatuated with her guy."
to be attracted physically& to want someones body
as nikki got into the jacuzzi she was infatuated with his wet body.
to be really attracted to someone physically, not really having any feelings for them.
Emily was so infatuated with Maya, when Maya stepped out of a creek in just her bra and panties, all the boys were staring and so was Emily.
being attracted PHYSICALLY
1: Adrienne is infatuated with Logan; therefore, she wants to do him.
2: Rocky is infatuated with Cody.