1. A famous movie monster from Japan
that stars in a series of cult movies that were started in the 1950s. Godzilla rests in the Pacific Ocean
and is aroused by a nuclear bomb test held underwater. He has a distinct yell as he wades to the Japanese shore and trash
. He also breathes radioactive
"fire". In an authentic Godzilla flick
you can see the actors speak Japanese but the English dubbing makes it so that what you hear is not what they say. In 1998 an "American
" version came out with a computer generated monster
(as opposed to the classic man in a costume) that didn't resemble the original beast at all. This bastardized movie had Godzilla tearing up New York City
(how the hell did he get over THERE?) and the story is absolutely horrible. Avoid this movie like the plague. Stay FAR away.
2. a hit for the American heavy metal
band Blue Oyster Cult
3. an adjective that describes anything domineering and that takes up space, leaving little room for anything else.
1. to corremorate the new millenium, Japanese film producers released "Godzilla 2000".
2. ... oh no! They say he's got to go, go go Godzilla! Woo hoo hooo...
... History shows again and again how nature wakes up the folly of man. GODZILLA!
3. Jim's Godzilla machine of a pickup truck took up so much space I had to park my Ford
right next to the hedges.