1. adj. Merchandise marketed without a brand name.
2. adj. Not specific; nondescript.
3. adj. Very plain; undecorated.
4. adj. Mediocre or substandard.
1 & 3. Generic meds
have generic packaging and are a lot less expensive.
4. Some people think they're generic too.
A versatile term that can be used to describe almost anything that possesses any of a number of negative properties.
1. That party was so fucking generic.
2. That car is generic.
3. Quit acting generic.
1) a word used to describe anything and everything because, lets face it, nothing anybody does is really new. spans from something as simple as color schemes to something as complex as philosophy and politics.
2) a lifestyle for practically everyone. if you have ever been labeled as a part of any stereotype, even if its a good one, chances are you're pretty fucking generic.
Author's Note: generic does not mean something is good or bad. obviously generic house parties are gonna be fucking awesome if they're not busted by cops or hosted by asement dwelling Star Trek fanatics. it is just a realization that its something you can't escape from. if this definition of generic drives you to insanity and you feel the only option out is suicide, realize that any possible way you can think of killing yourself is also generic. Death by autoerotic asphyxiation? See David Carradine. (too soon?) You just look like a generic douchebag going out that way. Not to mention no one wants to see a dead guy's dick. You might as well live in this generic world of ours.
see also: meta, stereotypical, typical, played out, unoriginal, not clever
1) "Oh look, a generic house party with a generic population of underage kids drinking generic alcoholic beverages. There's the generic asshole getting the generic slut, and there's the generic two beer queer. There are the generic stoners having generic stoner conversation about hipster music and philosophy. Generic phone call made to the cops by generic annoyed neighbors ruined the party. What a generic night."
2) "I'm a bro, so I'm going to do what is expected generically of all bros: play lax, drink natty ice, get bitches to make me sandwiches, and play some call of duty. What a generic lifestyle I live for my generic stereotype."
Generic means pertaining or appropriate to large classes or groups as opposed to specific members of the group. This could be large and common genres of music, or brands of clothing.
Nick's music taste is so generic, he really likes The Offspring and Greenday.
A group of people who are effectively clique hoppers
. They are not hated, or do not hate any other group of people.
Us generics get the best of everything.
1. "That phone" (currently iphone) that everyone must have.
2. "That girl"- blonde hair, cheerleader, favorite color=pink.
3. A word that describes a person's name, looks, interests (in music or personal style), activities, or possessions that are miserably normal and the same as everyone else's.
Girl 1: "So what's your favorite movie?"
Girl 2: "The Notebook."
Girl 1: "That's generic."
"Adam's facebook status says: Who Dat!? Go Saints."..."How generic."
A cheap term to use when u don't like a person or certain thing
" oh my god mary looks SO generic in that shirt."