"that guy that came into our store with his high school prom date was the epitome of gup!"
Employee 1 - What kid brings their high school girlfriend to a casino after prom for ice cream?!
Employee 2- A straight gup, that's who!
2. (n.) - a person who might be considered rude, malicious, or unpleasant in any way.
3. (v.) - to go out of one's way to make another's life worse; to bother, taunt, bully, disrupt, provoke, etc.
- to let someone down or fail to meet certain expectations of oneself
4. (int.) - an exclamation of disapproval or discontent
Variations of "gup" include:
- gupped: having been screwed over by a person or an incident
- gup outta here: a phrase (slang) used by the speaker to indicate that he/she no longer enjoys or tolerates the presence of another individual or group and would be happier if the unwanted individual or group left the scene.
- gup that: a command/exclamation, simply meaning "hell no"
see also guppy
2. Dude, Billy stole my ball. The kid is such a gup.
3. Don't invite Joey... He's always guppin dude, I can't stand him.
4. *flat tire* GUP.
5. Joey: "Hey man, you wanna come to my ballet recital?"
Liam: "Nah gup that dude..."
6. You heard about Nate dude? He bought a loaf of challah for $5.49 at Whole Foods, and they only cost $3.29 at Panera. He got gupped hard.
To lie and shmooze someone in order to take advantage of them.
Yo that chick g'd you up for a free drink on your tab, sucka.
Bubba2: "I'm gonna jook him when I finish my bird!"