When you make a sports or athletic move to avoid, escape, or get around a defender and the move causes the defender to lose balance, miss the offender, stumble, or stare stupidly as the offensive player progresses.
1. person1: Did you see that cross over Allen Iverson put on Jordan?
person2: Yep, he broke his ankles.
2. "Get the angle, that's the ankles and there's no lookin back" - Refresh
3. Emmit Smith does a juke move to avoid two defensive players. The two defensive players collide into each other while trying to tackle the elusive Emmit. They both got their ankles broken.
4. You don't wanna see me on the ball court kid, I'll break your ankles with a wicked cross over followed by a Texas 2 Step.
5. person1: You see that spin move?
person2: Broken ankles.
Getting juked so bad you fall down.
"Damn you got broken ankles after that."