- Does not have more cows than people.. It's not even close IDK why anyone thinks this.
- There are almost no Ben and Jerry's left in the State. They are all moving out b/c there isn't a good market here and they got bought out.
- People are generally nice. There are dicks too just like in any state.
- All the "wanna-be gangsters" (there are like 7 total) live on one street in Winooski. So the odds of seeing those people is .00001%
- The weather is actually not that cold. It gets FREEZING for like a month, but most of the time it hovers nicely between 60 and 90. There are two weeks in July that often go above 90. Imagine a temp difference of over 100 degrees, that's what it's like.
-Someone said crime is rampant. You might think that if you're coming from...... I don't know the Maldives. I sleep with my doors open.
- Cheese, maple syrup, beef, beer, and music are as good as advertised.
- It's extremely rural, but the state is so small that it's never a long drive to Burlington, NY, Boston, Montreal etc.
- People say everyone are hicks. Oh, except the fact that we have UVM, Champlain College, and Middlebury, three very good schools.
- People say everyone is a liberal. That's SO not true. In any part other than Chittenden, Washington, or Rutland County, it's like a 50-50 split.
Friend from New Jersey: Dude Vermont sucks, there's nothing to do and everyone is a dickhead.
Guy from Vermont: Uh, okay. *hangs up phone*
Cons- Rednecks, driving extensive amounts of time to get anywhere, weather usually keeps people indoors, weather is extremely unpredictable, smelly farms, no amusement parks, slow drivers, only 5 total shopping malls (only 2 of them are legit), bad roads, hippies, expensive taxes for no apparent reason, no beaches, and very limited employment options.
To conclude, obviously there are many more cons than pros... but to many, the pros are enough to outweigh the many cons. To some, Vermont is just too slow and boring.
i live in vermont BYAAAAAAHHHHH