* A common lifestyle in the New Millennium,
* a person abstain from alcohol, smoking and recreational drug use
* hardcore underground punk subculture movement started in the early 1980-(Caffeine-Free, Vegetarian lifestyle and abstain from all animal products and other add-ons have been made to the straight edge lifestyle but are not essential aspects of the movement.
* The "X" markings, symbol, tattoo on the back of one or both hands but can be displayed on other body parts and into clothing and pins is the most noticeable symbol of a straight-edger that was started in California when clubs marked A large black "X" as a warning to the club's staff not to serve alcohol to minors, the mark soon became associated with straight-edgers
"I stop drinking alcohol and been straight-edge for 8months"
"I love Rock, punk, hip-hop and this drug-free Straight Edge lifestyle"
3)no promiscuous sex
4) Yes, we do have fun
Times as they are, there are now three kinds of sXe'rs.
1. Those who understand what it means. People who value clarity and wish to avoid altered states of perception, poisoning the body, or unsettling the mind. No drugs, some even avoid medicinal drugs as these can alter state of mind. No drinking to excess, as this can alter the mind and poison the body. No promiscuous sex, you got me on this one. These people are, 99% of the time, decent people who see their choices for what they are, choices, nothing more, nothing less.
2. Insecure gits. People who wish to place themselves on a self appointedly superior moral platform, then proceed to brag about how much better they are than everyone else. No drugs. No drink. No Promiscuous sex. No meat. No/very few friends, as few other than those who share their views can stand to be around them for more than ten minutes without driving a lit candle, wick first, into their eye, and injecting them with lighter fluid through the ear.
3. Hardliners. All the stupidity of number two, with knuckledusters. No drugs. No drink. No promiscuous sex. No meat 9 times out of ten. All the clarity with none of the intelligence.
2. Stop poisoning my air you arrogant ignorant smokers!