2. (v) In TribalWars, to send all available offensive troops in one village to attack another.
2. I'll nuke you if you dare to attack anyone in my tribe!
1. To attack with a nuclear weapon, or to otherwise bring about widespread and utter destruction.
2. To cook a foodstuff in a microwave oven (it is a common misconception that microwave energy is a form of nuclear radiation).
3. To delete a computer user's accounts without warning, typically for abuse.
2. "Just nuke those vegetables for five minutes on High, it's much quicker than steaming them."
3. The webhosting company nuked Jamal's "penile enhancement" sites because he was caught spamming.
-A film can be nuked for various reasons. Individual sites will nuke for breaking their rules (such as "No Telesyncs" but if the film has something extremely wrong with it (no soundtrack for 20mins, CD2 is incorrect film/game etc) then a global nuke will occur, and people trading it across sites will lose their credits. Nuked films can still reach other sources such as p2p/usenet, but its a good idea to check why it was nuked first in case. If a group realise there is something wrong, they can request a nuke.
NUKE REASONS :: this is a list of common reasons a film can be nuked for (generally DVDRip)
** BAD A/R ** :: bad aspect ratio, ie people appear too fat/thin
** BAD IVTC ** :: bad inverse telecine. process of converting framerates was incorrect.
** INTERLACED ** :: black lines on movement as the field order is incorrect.
Any file can be nuked, though; not just films. Another example is a PC ISO where it hasn't been properly isoed or there is some other technical issue that should not appear with a fully functional copy.
Basically, a nuked release doesn't work as a regular release should.
Prospective nukes are subjected to intense scrutiny and higher standards of behavior and technical knowledge than your standard sailor. They are the elite of the elites.
Nukes often advance quickly through the ranks due to the amount and intensity of training they are subjected to while as a student.
Nuke school is widely considered to be one of the toughest schools offered in the military.
B: I'm a nuke.
B: (with much hubris) Yeah, it's tough being the best of the best.