Somehow his fans constantly feel like they have to stand up for him and say "He is an artist" and a "lyrical genius" and that he is criticized because his view is not mainstream.
If his view is not mainstream, how come he has millions of fans, which hang on his every word? If you do not believe this, please take a look at the other definitions.
And if he is criticized because his view is not mainstream, why are his videos constantly on MTV? Sure, it's "not his choice" but he has done various interviews as well. He's even presented an award at the MTV awards with...Avril Lavigne, whom he said he enjoys the music of.
His live shows are not very edgy either; he's burnt a bible and some flags. That was Monday morning at the house of GG Allin. Marilyn Manson is a Sunday school teacher compared to GG Allin. And Manson is a bad image to Satanists, because he has admitted he is not truly Satanic and has various Christian morals.
The man has made some decent songs, but has also managed to ruin various songs with his pathetic covers. Sweet Dreams, Tainted Love, Personal Jesus, the agony.
Marilyn Manson, the man, the band, have made some decent songs; but are by no means 'lyrics geniuses' or 'edgy' and different from the mainstream. They are the mainstream. Marilyn Manson and Avril Lavigne videos are in the same time slot, and Manson is watching in enjoyment. The truth hurts, doesn't it?
2. A man who pours his heart into his music, and happens to have opinions other than the mainstream, so he is victimized
3. The most misunderstood person on the face of the earth.
4. The most convenient person for conservatives to blame when something goes wrong
2. Marilyn Manson is smarter than you.
3. People don't like Marilyn Manson because they don't take the time to consider that he, too, is human and has feelings. All they see is his dissent from the socially accepted, which many view as wrong.
4. Right-wing Politician: Marilyn Manson caused Columbine, 9/11, the Holocaust, the Cold War, Laci Peterson's death, and the Trojan War.
Someone Intelligent: No, he didn't.
Right-wing Politician: You are the Antichrist.
Me: "Screw you kid. You obviously don't know what you're talking about."
Random kid: "Yes I do. I judge people by their appearance."
Me: "Thats why I hate you."
2. Whom every pre-teen poseur goth says they like these days to get street cred, unfortunately giving Manson a bad name in some peoples eyes.
2. Omg! marilyn manson is sooo cool. im gonna go buy me sum black clothes!
Me- Marilyn Manson is not shit.
Idiot- But he's a devil worshipper!
Me- No, he is not.
Idiot- I HATE YOU!!!
Me- You fail at life.
Hello! This is it!
Call me crazy, but I don't think about it any further. I don't care if he's 'main-stream' or not, or if he believes in religion or not, or if he likes Avril Lavigne's music. Is it just me who realises you don't have to like an artist/musician/whatever to like what they do?? I'm sure I wouldn't like Marilyn Manson if I met him, and I'm sure there are plenty of things we'd disagree on, but that doesn't efin' matter. I like his music, without making it a religion. So lighten up!