1. Characterizing game mechanics or objects that are so powerful that they trivialize game content or become the only desirable items or mechanics for a player to use.
2. Describing any combination of character class mechanics and equipment which is too difficult or impossible for skilled players to reliably counter in player vs player combat.
Rogue stunlock chains were broken so Blizzard changed the mechanics.
1. (General) Something/Someone that is so good in a particular context that it eclipses saecond place.
2. (Games) A game object or facility that is too good to exist. It is so powerful that it is unbalancing and hence breaks the game. Every winning player has to use this to be competitive.
Entymology: The power cards from Magic The Gathering (Black Lotus, Time Walk, Ancestral Recall, all Moxen, etc) were so powerful and unbalancing that they were eventually banned from tournament play because they BROKE the game.
Bobby Fisher is a completely broken chess player.
when a person is so lost and depressed they can no longer function in society properly.
i got dumped by another guy. i'm so broken
Originally used in card games to designate a card or mechanic which is overly powerful. May also be used to describe something as "too good"
That Academy combo is fucking broken.
That is just plain broken dude.
1. unable to function
2. shattered into pieces
3. unauthorized entrance
4. a word that has become a cliche in music
1. viagra, a cure for the broken
2. Emoboy: my life is broken!! (after chipping his nail)
3. poll:would you rather have your house broken into than watch another nick & jessica prime time special?!
results: getting broken into wins hands down
4.a:can you help me find the song with the word broken, it sounds pretty good?
b:uh...which of the 9.9x10^99999999 songs are u talking about
<a closer look at mxtabs.net/google reveals the severe contamination of broken in songs/lyrics>
In fighting games: Characters that are unbalanced to the point where anyone lower becomes unusuable.
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Cable aka the 4 Gods.
you lost everything.
Katie: What's wrong?
Angelica: Nothing,Just broken.
1. Not in full working order.
2. fucked rooted
3. Mentally unfit - Usually from emotional scars left by ex's.
1. It seems to be broken.
2. Its fucking broken man!
3. She's broken.