The numerals spell it all. Zero economic opportunity after college, zero sence in the general public, cultural zeroes, zero understanding and tolerance, near zero entertainment, politicians with zero intelligence and zero scruples, hysteria, panic, hatred and witch hunt frenzy stirred up by political cretins and a sensationalistic zero IQ media (esp. TV news). It's the Decade of Duh.
1. 1999 turns into 1984 (the novel). Fanatics attack on 9/11 and a great panic ensues. Armchair warriors see war on TV 24/7. Fundie fanaticism (Christian and Muslim) flowers. Meanwhile the economy tanks and the U.S. Constitution is used as toilet paper. Talking heads on TV toss in trashy celebrity stories to distract viewers. This turns America into a Masturbation Nation.
2. Reality TV becomes the opiate of the masses.
3. Anybody who stands near a flag, pretends to pray in public, holds up a cross, talks of "family values" or boasts of kickin' ass is venerated by the masses.
NBC reporter: Mr. Bush, who is your favorite philosopher?
W: Uhhhh - Jesus Christ!
4. Rock'n'roll is long dead by 2000. However, some newer bands that recently released albums like *Stella, Spinerette, the Plasticines, Datarock and the Ravionettes hint that rock may be coming back to life as this ugly decade ends. Lord I hope so.
5. Let's be honest. How many females have become famous for their intelligence or talents in anything during the past 10 years? Cross your legs, shake your ass, put on a seductive "fuck-me-honey" air about you. Then you're a star. It's the Decade of Dumb Ditzy Dolls. The Season of the Bitch. Whatever happened to gender equality and respect?
6.This nightmarish decade of lying, corruption, hate, arrogance, neglect and stupidity - the 00s - I AIN'T GONNA MISS IT. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
The decade following the 1990s, currently in progress, and on course to becoming one of the worst, most meaningless and culturally empty decades in American history.
I'm so glad I graduated from high school in the 1990s and not the 00s.
Basically the 1990s, but more commercialized, with much better technology and more conflict.
The decade of the hipster, indie rock, veganism, gay acceptance, and going "green".
The decade of the reality show, crappy television, the death of MTV, and the rise of emo.
The decade of constant crisis, which led to the crappiness that defines the 24-hour news network.
The decade when we all realized that our entire lives depended on the internet.
(alt) The bastard child of 1980s fashion and 1990s ideas
2000s- Let's take all that's great from the 90s, commercialize it, and market it to everyone!
2000s- Let's take all that's great from the 90s, commericalize it, and market it to everyone!