2 definitions by oobyek
February 19, 2013 Urban Word of the Day
1. The unintentional use of wrong words: the misuse of a word through confusion with another word that sounds similar, or the creation of a new word in an attempt to sound scholarly or educated.
2. absurd or humorous misuse of words, terms, or phrases especially by confusing terms, words or historical events with others.
3. The act of creating new words out of frustration when one has limited knowledge of a particular event or subject matter.
"'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 201
In this example, both refudiate and misunderestimate are examples of palinpropism.
by oobyek Feb 16, 2013 add a video
1. A silly, stupid, or ignorant person.
2. An offensive term that is used deliberately to insult one's intelligence.
3. A buffoon, a moron, someone who is lacking general knowledge on a wide array of topics...especially American history.
Well, let's see. There's -- of course -- in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings.
Unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, October 1, 2008, Ms Palin became a Palincompoop.
by oobyek Feb 12, 2013 add a video