The cataclysmic explosion of a massive star. A Supernova may, for a short time, out shine an entire galaxy of a hundred billion ordinary stars. It is thought to leave behind a highly compressed neutron star.
Our Sun could never go supernova because it is simply too small. Only a massive star could die as a supernova.
1. A feeling of dignity, self-respect; satisfaction in your achievements, possessions, or people you care about. A good thing to have.
2. Sometimes used to mean arrogant haughtiness and having excessively high opinion of yourself... which is actually narcissism
, not pride.
3. A group of lions.
1. John has much pride in his country because he served in the USA army.
2. John has too much pride in his religious beliefs and tries to force them on others.
3. John nearly got eaten by a pride of lions!
Imaginary infestations of the truly un-cool.
Ew, get away from me, you have cooties!
From Old Norse. Literally means "Choosers of the slain." Disir who at Odin or Freyja's command, select the most heroic warriors on the battlefield to die and conduct their souls through the Underworld to Asgard. (They also lead people who have died from other causes other than violent death on the path to Valhalla. They are psycho pomps.) Once there, they serve mead to those who have become Einherjar.
Often seen as riding wild wolves, or in some accounts soaring though the air like a raven scavenging for souls; Valkyries are beautiful shieldmaidens armed with helmets and spears. Although beautiful, they are war-like. Names of Valkyries often mean 'raging', 'shrieking', 'screaming', etc...
If you see a Valkyrie, it means only one thing, you're going to die.
1. To be cruel, spiteful, and malicious. To be ill tempered and disagreeable, difficult and troublesome.
2. To convey meaning. To indicate. To understand. The past tense would be "meant".
3. Midway between extremes, a medium.
1. Jimmy is a mean bastard, he smashed little Eric's toy flying saucers.
2. "You know what I mean, right Jenna?" asked Amy.
3.The average value of a set of numbers, is the mean.
Jack was not used to spending so much time away from his kin.
The world's largest manufacturer of 1911 pistols, as well as rifles, shotguns, and much more. Kimber makes some of the best guns on the market; they set the benchmark firearm quality and dependability. They are safe, powerful, accurate, and fast! Kimbers are extremely well-made and therefore a little on the expensive side.
Marines, Special Forces, and LAPD all use Kimbers.
There is no better pistol to have in you hand than a Kimber.