1. disagreeable; unpleasent;
2. crass; cheaply vulgar; tasteless; crude
3. junk; ugly; unappealing 4. mean; cruel (said of one's treatment of another)
The exact origin of this word's usage are unknown but contemporarily has been used inHawaii's gay and mahu (Transgender) community for the past 30 or so years.
1. Mary, the flowers at this wedding are so NAILS! Yellow, mauve, and brown?
2. Girl, look her Miss USA's evening gown. Yuck, so NAILS!
3. No, I don't feel like eating there again their food is NAILS!
4. Damn I got detention. My teacher is no NAILS