1. Someone who cluelessly (or in some cases pridefully) does things to piss off an established community, usually on the internet.
2. Someone with little to no netiquet.
3. A complete ****ing idiot who refuses to get the picture they aren't wanted somewhere. Again usually on the internet.
-Random Metal Message Board or Chatroom-
Lamer: NE1 LIKE LINKIN PARK? I THINK CHESTER IZ HAWT!
Poster-A: This is the metal board. Linkin Park isn't metal, they are pop-rock.
Lamer: THEY R METAL THEY ARE ON MTV N U R JELLYIS!
Person-A: Will a mod please ban this LAMER?
Someone, usually in an online game, who intentionally, and usually repeatedly, attempts to degrade anothers experience or torment them.
Examples of griefing:
1. Player vs player abuse: Singling out the same person and killing them over and over when they are defensless until hey log off.
2. Kill stealing: Repeatedly trying to steal another persons kills so that their time is wasted.
3. Verbal abuse: Spamming a person with vulgar, hatefull, or offensive messages.
4. Blocking: Getting in anothers way so they cannot move or get out of a particular area.
5. "Training": Triggering many monsters, almost always impossible to fight and survive, with the intention to either run someone out of an area or kill them indirectly if the server is not 'player vs player' enabled.
Griefing in massively multiplayer online role playing games are usually bannable on first offense and less common (thoguh still visably present).
Griefing is much more common on private servers for first person shooters like Counterstrike and Battlefield 1942.
Griefers and Powergamers are the 2 worst problems in online games today.
an aerodynamic being
as smooth as a riley's leg
Soulless "gaming cable television channel" cut in the same mold as MTV.
Terrible off the street idiot hosts with annoying personality and no real gaming knowledge (or interest in gaming for that matter) other than what is on their teleprompter.
Cash influenced reviews and show content.
Entire channel exists not for entertainment but for advertising and exploiting the new surging popularity of gaming and the incompetant 12 year old internet fanboys that now dominate it.
Promotes the same dozen games all day with reruns, even when they only have about 12 hours worth of first run shows on a week. Plenty of extra space for "real" game coverage but they still limit coverage to the same mass marketed "fanboy bait".
Parent company recently bought, erased, and assimilated Tech TV effectively eliminating all intelligent competition to this rubbish channel called G$.
Kewl internet gaming kid: U see G4 dewd? Final Fantasy is tha best GAME E V A R!
Intelligent gamer: No & no.
Now holds the prestige of being the worst rated channel on American Television with a 0.1 Nielsen Rating.
Damn you G4TV/Comcast for what you did to TechTV!
1. Anyone who watches, buys a record from a band on, or goes to a concert featuring a band on MTV or modern music radio.
2. Anyone with the audacity to fancy themselves a "Thug", "Goth", "Trendy", "Teeny Bopper", "Skank", "Punk", "Raver", "Prep", "Skater", "Jock" or member of any other corporately solicited teenage social caste.
MTVictims are no different then each other, nor are they "expressing themselves" like the suits want them to believe. MTVictims are no smarter then each other. MTVictims are all part the lowest common denominator of society.
But look on the brightside you're all part of the majority.
Bobby's a popular preppy kid who listens to Britney Spears and thinks he's "the shit". He hates Betty who's a "punk rock skater" who does nothing but smoke weed, play Tony Hawk Pro Skater, and listen to good Charlotte and Avril Levigne all day. They both hate Brad because he's a "goth" who wears all black, listens to evil "satanic" bands like Linkin park and Slipknot and thinks his life is so tragic because his parents took away his weed instead of Betty's and won't buy him that new car for his 16th birthday so he can be one of the "popular kids". Then there is Willy who sold them the weed. He don't take no shit (or is that no shiz biatch?). Willy can't spell that good, (he uses made up words he got from 50 cent and Jay-Z). None of them can actually because being literate is illegal in todays society.
Bobby, Betty, Brad, and Willy are all MTVictims and should be either be heckled or outright disregarded if you see them or any of their friends out in society or on the internet. Remeber, willingly stupid people have no rights.
Someone who limits, or completely turns off, their upstream in internet peer-to-peer file sharing because they have no interest in actually sharing.
Leecher-X says he doesn't upload in Bit Torrent because it makes web browsing impossible, even on broadband. We both know it's really because he is a selfish bastard though.