The southeastern United states that were once known the Confederate States of America. This falls into different categories though as follows.
The Upper South:
Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Arkansas. The term Upper South was often used to refer specifically to the Confederate states that did not secede until after the attack on Fort Sumter
The Deep South:
South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas. These are the seven states that seceded from the United States before the firing on Fort Sumter and the start of the American Civil War, and originally formed the Confederate States of America.
Today the Southern United States of America is usually seen as follows:
The Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida
However, when people reefer to the "Duurty South" they typically refer to the deep
South. With that being said it should be noted that the upper south is quite dirty as well. West Virginia is almost never seen as the south now and days but more of Border-line Midwest or East Central United States of America. This also applies to Kentucky and sometimes Tennessee if your one of those assholes leaving bullshit on urban dictionary when you need to go back to school and learn basic geography.
The Southern United States is well known for:
1) High or higher obesity rate than the rest of the nation. However Saint Louis, MO did top as the fat capital.
2) Southern states have the highest overall crime rates in the entire United States. "FACT" (source: “Wikipedia” crime in United States)
3) Southern style cooking. (Good shit) And varies state to state. =)
4) Very ugly dirty dilapidated buildings.
5) Crazy ass parties and fine bitches.
6) Gold Grillz, as well as huge silly ass rims.
7) Swamps and Alligators.
8) And Southern Hospitality. Depending where you go in the south that could be a “hi let me get that for you dear”. To...”If you don’t stop staring at me im gonna shoot you in the face”.
1)dirty south aka Duuurty south
2) Not as dirty. as the Dirty south. But New Jersey is pretty close.