1. My life
2. The best thing ever.
3. One of the hardest sports that is often overlooked.
4. Where you learn to march, play music better(while you march), spin flags, rifles or sabres(if you do color guard), and work together to perform a great show.
5. One large family with lots of incest. Made up of the band, the drum majors, the band director, the colorguard and the, usually very hot, drumline.
6. In marching band you usually participate in the following: competitions, halfime performances, practices, 3 hour bus rides, and parades.
7. Your excuse for not doing homework.
8. Where you also learn leadership, how to work with others, how to have fun, and how to work hard, even if your sick and feel like your going to faint.
9. Your salvation after dealing with all of your other classes every day.
10. Going to band camp.
11. The best thing I ever joined.
"Thinking the show will never work. And then, finally, it comes all together and you have achieved perfection , drumming your hands off and playing your brains out and tossing higher than the sky. A slice of time in a stadium when everyone cheers and your mom cries and pictures get taken and once, just once, you have the world in your hands. And the band marches out of the stadium and down the street, always together whether it's success or not, and you know by the feeling in your hear it doesn't get any better than this. And you know if your director asked you to turn around and "do it just one more time a little better" you would"
I love that quote(or whatever) and that's exactly how you feel in marching band. Anyone who doesn't like marching has never done it.