Can be used as a noun or a verb, depending on context. Often used in video-game situations, such as with Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. Someone or something that dies/uses up all lives with amazing speed,
2. someone/thing that dies by falling, either ridiculously often or,
3. when a simple opportunity(s) to save oneself from death is blatantly missed.
4. Making a stupid mistake.
5. When the result of an action is the opposite of the expected or desired effect; can be either negative (usually) or positive (rare).
i.e(negative): Playing video games, person A tries pressing the up button on the controller. The side button is instead pressed, thoroughly screwing the pooch
i.e.(positive): With a history of failure, everyone expects person B to fail yet again, however, person B actually does well.
6. The occurrence of an accidental, self-inflicted troll
7. Being really good at being really bad/Succeeding at failing
*A person/thing characterizing any of these definitions may also be referred to as "Papes."
Used not so much as a derogatory term towards a human being, "Papes" refers to the personification of fail--an outside force which is causing the papes to happen. Therefore, when failure occurs, it is blamed on "Papes."