1. a set of predefined actions.
2. a lesser part of a great programming whole. syn. subroutine
1. He went through his routine every morning.
2. The routine was set, and the program needed to be tested.
a lesser part of a greater programming whole; a fixed sequence of steps within a program. see also routine function
The subroutines were correct; something else was wrong with the program.
1. a tag that is programmer defined within a program to be used again later in the program.
2. syn. subroutine
1. The programmer made a function to display text.
Free Daily Email
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.