How to be Emo:
- Make a MySpace page, don't put ANYTHING in the 'about me' section except depressed graphics you can find online, and make the background something like bloody roses or just all black. Add a whole bunch of Apps that look evil, even though you know you'll never use them. Don't take any pictures yet, we'll get to that. Put all the other emo kids in your top friends.
- Go to the book store and grab a couple of vampire books, since they're the only thing you'll be reading (that is, if you're FORCED to read).
- Go to the music store and buy a bunch of CDs from My Chemical Romance, The Used, and more. If you need some ideas, go look at the band shirts at Hot Topic (and pick up a couple of those while you're there).
- Now, not ALL 'emo' kids cut themselves, but the true ones do. Because they are emotional (emo) and that's where it comes from. But they are really depressed and messed up. Don't think that you have to cut yourself to be emo. Then again, if you're not depressed, maybe you should go for scene
- The emo look is something pretty much easy and expensive to pull off. First, only buy your clothes from Hot Topic or any place that has clothes similar to that. Never step foot inside Abercrombie, Hollister, Aeropostale, etc. Buy the band shirts (as stated earlier), a bunch of checkered jackets, and other weird patterned clothes. Your shoes have to be Vans, Converse, or those skinny, checkerboard ones. Speaking of skinny, you have to have a bunch of skinny jeans if you really want to look emo. No boots unless they're spiked, same goes for belts. You have to die your hair at least two different colors, preferably hot pink and black (girls) or red and black (guys). Your hair has to be short and choppy, preferably cut by you. Wear tons of eyeliner, no matter what gender you are (lots of emo people are bisexual, anyways). Some girls like to put bows in their hair and have a bunch of Hello Kitty stuff, it makes you look even more emo, acutally.
- Make your screenname/MySpace display name something with at least four 'x'es in it. Make your statuses and away messages some depressing quote or song lyric.
- Date more than one person at once, preferably one guy and one girl. If they're emo too, they won't care if they're cheated on, because that's one of the reasons they're emo.
- Write sad poetry and songs and sing them to yourself at school and when you're home alone.
- Take a lot of MySpace pictures of you smiling and looking happy (some close-ups, some from weird angles, and don't take a bunch in the bathroom), and one or two of your 'real' face. Make sure the captions are depressing quotes! :)
- Hang out with people, but only in secret. Don't tell everyone what happens in your conversations, and NEVER SAY 'LIKE'. Act normal around your family.
- Make out with someone of the same sex.
- Look down on the populars as they look down on you, and never make eye contact with them.
- Frequently dissappear. Like don't show up at school, or make yourself practically invisible.
- Don't go to dances or parties.
- Make your room painted all black, with pictures of strange things on the wall and candles burning usually.
If you read this whole thing thinking it will help you be emo, then you're a stupid asshole. Emo people create themselves, they don't read GUIDES to be emo!
If you read this for fun, make another one just like it! :) It's fun, trust me.