The most badass artist in the world, none other than Tom Waits. Started off as a late night piano crooner, went into jazzy beatnik style for awhile, then turned into a whacked out experimentalist in the 80s. Known as Tommy the Cat because of his hobo-like style and his guest vocal appearance on the Primus song "Tommy the Cat".
Pros: - They truly know how to rock
- Jimmy Page is quite a guitarist, especially at that time.
- They evolved (although only slightly) over the years and become more experimental.
Cons: - Many of their famous riffs and songs are (admittedly) lifted straight from blues songs without ever giving them credit.
- Much of their music/antics are unintentionally overblown
- They paved the way for 80's hair metal, changing the way guitarists think forever.
- Their fans tend to dismiss new music of any kind, throwing around words like "talent" and saying things like "its a shame kids these days don't listen to good music", although that's not really LZ's fault...
Despite having these cons, this band has been rediculously influential over the years and pretty much shaped hard rock as we know it.
Led Zeppelin is a great cover ba-I mean, hard rock band.