1. A member of a Germanic people who invaded the Roman Empire in the early centuries of the Christian era.
2. (a) A style of rock music that often evokes bleak, lugubrious imagery.
(b) A performer or follower of this style of music.
3. An invdividual who either enjoys the darker interests and enjoyments of life or is captivated by those who do. These individuals are artistic, intelligent, curious, and often surprising when it comes to such things as careers or pasttimes. In fact, the only reason that they come off "scary" or "creepy" at all is because society shuns and fears what they do not understand. Most 'goths' interviewed simply stated that the reason they have such a low-down attitude and enjoy creeping people out is because they've been outcasted. Indeed, hundreds of teens/young adults enter such a lifestyle because they were shunned, misunderstood, hated, kicked around, or even just misplaced, meaning they couldn't fit in any other stereotype.
4. Just another all-American title for better labeling and little understanding... Typical humans not thinking.
1. The young woman from Rome was tortured and beheaded by the Goths.
2. "What's her favorite music?" "Oh... Death Metal, hard rock... all that goth stuff."
3. "You're gothic?" "No... I'm Bill."
4. "Look at those goths around the street... they're as bad as punks!"