A mythological, female, magical creature that flies all night looking for prey. They feed on people's sadness. They kill by screaming in such a high pitch that it breaks glass and the arteries of its victem's body so that they drown in their own blood.
You don't want to be a banshee's prey.
European country North of belgium, east of the UK and west of Germany. The people there speak Dutch. The Netherlands is also known as Holland, however Holland is just a province. The capital of The Netherlands is Amsterdam.
Non-Dutch people often think that the language Dutch is German. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Dutch is NOT german for german, but Dutch for Dutch.
"Ik ben Nederlands."
I'm Dutch, I'm from The Netherlands and I speak Dutch.
Common misconception. Holland is what many people (including some native Dutch) call The Netherlands. Holland, however is a province of The Netherlands, where the capital Amsterdam happens to be.
We speak Dutch in The Netherlands
, so in Holland too.
I don't live in Holland, I live in The Netherlands.
The language we speak in The Netherlands, Belgium, Suriname, South Africa, and the Netherlands Antilles. The Netherlands is also known as Holland.
"Dutch" In Dutch: Nederlands.
Anyone who says that Dutch
is German for German is wrong and wouldn't even recognise Dutch.
So unlike a lot of US, UK or other native English-speaking people think, Dutch is NOT German! Dutch may be a little simmular to German, but it's more closely related to English.
Dutch is a Germanian language, just like German and English. (french, italian, and spanish are romanian languages).
Dutch is more closely related to English on the grammar, but the vocab is more Germanish. Dutch is in between English and German, but still is a whole language on its own - it's NOT English and NOT German.
Dutch is a lanuage, spoken by about 20 milion spread over The Netherlands, Belgium and the Netherlands antilles.
Euthanasia, (from Greek: åõèáíáóßá -åõ, eu, "good", èÜíáôïò, thanatos, death),is the practice of terminating the life of a person or animal in a painless or minimally painful way in order to stop suffering or other undesired conditions in life.
So in fact it's just ending someone's misery.
The man could have lived for another month, but the cancer had gone too far. They performed euthanasia to end his life withoug further pain.
1) Dutch is the language spoken in The Netherlands (aka Holland, The Netherlands Antilles, Belgium, Suriname (South America) and South Africa (African is a form of Dutch).
2) To be Dutch. A person from The Netherlands is Dutch.
3) To go Dutch: To split the costs of a purchase between several parties/persons.
4) Cape Dutch, the early European inhabitants of the Western Cape (South Africa) between the 17th and 19th centuries.
5) Cape Dutch architecture, an architectural style found in South Africa.
*Non-Dutch people often think that "Dutch" is German for German.
Dutch is NOT german for german, but Dutch for Dutch.
In Dutch: "Ik ben Nederlands."
In English: "I am Dutch."
Nederlands (=from The Netherlands] -> Nederland (The Netherlands).
) I speak Dutch.
2) I am Dutch.
3) To go out on a date and split the bill.
4) "Kaap the goede hoop." -> Cape of good hope. Place where the merchanting ships of the V.O.C (Dutch East Indian Trading Company) had her ships take pitt stops.) = Most Southern point of South Africa.
5) The way villa's were built in South Africa for the Dutch colonies.
Dutch is Dutch for Dutch. --> "Nederlands is Nederlands voor Nederlands."
Dutch is NOT german, just related to it, as well as its related to English.
1. A position or activity that particularly suits somebody's talents and personality or that somebody can make his or her own.
2. An area of the market specializing in one type of product or service.
3. Place in nature: The role of an organism within its natural environment that determines its relations with other organisms and ensures its survival.
4. A recess in a wall, especially one made to hold a statue.
5. Hollow place: any recess or hollow, e.g. in a rock formation.
1. She carved out her own niche in the industry.
2. Designed to undercut the competition in the same niche.