A clusterfuck can happen in real life, but mostly, the term is used to describe an online situation in which a singular person is attacked by a group of hostile individuals, and flamed till brown & crisp. Generally, this event occurs on forums, in chatrooms & on Usenet; basically, anywhere people congregate online, to discuss various topics. Potential victims of a clusterfuck include (but are certainly not limited to):
* A clueless noob
* A troll
that has outworn it's welcome
* Anybody with ideas & opinions that contrast greatly with those held by the majority of the other chatters/posters.
* Individuals who demonstrate really bad spelling and/or grammar.
* The only white/black/hispanic/etc.. in an all white/black/hispanic/etc.. forum, chatroom, or newsgroup that holds racist views.
* A Homosexual amongst heterosexuals, and vice-versa.
* A man/woman amongst radical feminists/misogynists.
* Post whores.
* People who are just generally annoying & bothersome.
* Emo kids.
* Bible thumpers.
* Anybody who supports PETA.
* The mentally ill.
* Fat people.
* Trailer trash.
* People who just smell "different".
Similar terms: gang rape, swarm, group effort, target practice.
When Jill called the moderator a "son of a bitch", she was clusterfucked by nearly half of the members of RPG4Losers.com.
Dave was clusterfucked in the Nazi chatroom, after confessing his love for other men.
Nancy has PTSD
, thanks to a massive clusterfuck, administered by a group of vicious masculists