a remark made to something said that is typical or falls under Murphy's Law
"The ONE day I call in sick at work, and the fucking boss, who happens to leave work early... sees me at the strip joint...go figure!!!"
1) to get together with someone with the intention of dating or having sexual relations with them.
2) to meet up with someone to hang out.
3) to "hook someone up" means to provide that person with some kind of item or service, often of an illegal nature.
1) "I hooked up with my girlfriend when she used to live next door to me."
2) "We'll hook up with you guys later at Cassidy's."
3) "Hook me up with an Alpine sometime if you can."
giving something/someone a second glance, after initially taking notice the first time.
I did a double take when I walked past Britney in the hallway....sweetness!
an expression meaning a situation in which one factor alone can change or cancel out everything
When Janine is around Corey, all bets are off...the poor dude just can't be himself anymore.
an attempt made to correct or rectify a situation that went wrong
we gotta be prepared to do some serious damage control if the press hears about this!
word of the day: May 21, 2005
what someone would say after telling a joke or other humorous anecdote, and then getting deadpan
looks and no verbal acknowledgement from the people listening.
"Yeah, so I heard Dave got a pet cat, oh well, probably the closest thing to pussy he'll ever have in his place, huh guys? hahaha!"
(silence and blank stares from everyone)
"Geez...! Tough crowd, man....tough crowd!!"
an expression which states that anyone will miss out on a great opportunity if they don't remain aware or open to communication.
"I tried to call you about those concert tickets, but there was no answer...guess you were still crashed out.... so I took Marsha instead.
We had an awesome time, both at the show AND afterwards! :)"
"oh well, you snooze you lose I guess."