1. KKK - Ku Klux Klan: Is an organization in the United States formed in 1865 that encourages white supremacy
and anti-Semitism as well as resistance to gay rights. In the past the organization practiced anti-Catholicism and nativism - aggressive and defensive response to the increase of immigration. It is notorious for violent attacks on opponents including African-Americans
people, people of non-conservative
Protestant faiths, immigrants, women seeking equal rights and their supporters. The organization pre-dates the National Socialist German Workers Party better known as the Nazi
party and was not originally affiliated with Nazism. KKK activity is associated other racist groups and movements, such as the organisation - Christian Identity, neo-Nazi groups, and racist subgroups of the skinheads
2. Kinder, Küche, Kirche - an old German slogan, pre-dating Nazi Germany but used during the third Reich describing a woman’s place in society. Translated it means: Children, kitchen, church.
3. Kataastaasang, Kagalanggalangang Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan (loosely translated as The Highest and Noblest Society of the Nation's Sons). The Katipunan was a patriotic secret society founded in the Philipp...
1. The Holocaust applied to the organized government persecution and genocide
of various ethnic, religious and political groups during World War II
Germany and collaborators. This was mostly aimed at Jewish people - called: "Final Solution
of the Jewish Question
", however in the Roma and Sinti were also targets as were other “objectionable” groups of people – Poles, Soviet POW (Inc. Russians and other Slavs), mentally or physically disabled, homosexuals, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Communists, people who objected to the government and criminals. Estimates place the total number of Holocaust victims at up to 26 million people, although the number 9 to 11 million is usually held as more reliable. Alternatively Holocaust deniers or revisionists believe that the holocaust did not occur – far fewer that approx. 6 million Jews were killed. Holocaust revisionists also deny that extermination of Jews and other groups was not a centrally-planned Nazi attempt. This argument is generally dismissed by most historical groups due to aural, written, visual and archeological evidence.
Other meanings of ‘Holocaust’ include:
- Holocaust (band): A Scottish heavy metal band.
- Holocaust (comics): A Marvel Comics Super Villain
Other events such as the:
blaxploitation is the morph
ing of the words “black” and “exploitation”. It is a film genre from the 1970s that targeted the urban african-american
audience. The actors used were mainly black and was the first style to use funk
music. Although initially popular it quickly disingrated as a film genre critizised for the use of stereotypes
The films 'Do the Right Thing', 'Shaft' and 'Jackie Brown' are all examples of blaxploitation.
stalker: selective walker
girl 1: so i followed him home.
girl 2: what? you're now a stalker?
girl 1: hey, that's just where i walk.. it's not my fault i was simultanously following him.
1. bonsai is a coloqual term in Australia for it's 25th Prime Minister - John Howard. The nickname was coined by the former leader on the opposition when he was quoted on Andrew Denton's Enough Rope (Screened: 28 July 2003). It is in reference to the Australian allience with America - viewed by some as 'subservient' (Malcolm Fraser).
2. Bonsai meaning "tray gardening" in Japanese is the process of growing trees and plants, while keeping them small by the use of careful pruning. It is considered a difficult art, and the trees can last for hundreds of years.
3. A computer code system used to manage CVS code arcives called 'The Bonsai CVS'.
4. Human Bonsai - Is a term for the practice of Comprachicose practictioners. It refers to the practice of changing the physical appearance of human beings by manipulating the growth of children. It's considered similar way to the horticultural method of bonsai -- or through deliberate mutilation.
John Howard — someone was saying he's got a new nickname, 'Bonsai', 'cause he's a little Bush. - Mark Latham
guy 1: so i bought this really hot car.. it'll keep me happy for a week or so.
guy 2: dude you're so material .
Slippery dip is slang
for slide used in Australia; often located in playgrounds.
Man 1: Hey kids want to go to the playground?
Child 1: Yeah, I love the see-saw.
Child 2: No.. I want to go on the slippery dip, It goes forever at the park.