Much confused with out of synch, it means that two objects are not in synchronization or are opposing each other. Can be used as an insult if pointed at a single person, meaning "Out of touch with reality"
1. My speakers are out of phase.. i must have crossed the wires
2. Me and my ex-GF are so out of phase
3. Bill is SO out of phase
A pair of chinese statues usually placed at the entrance of a building to ward off evil spirits. One has its mouth open to suck the spirits in, the other has its mouth closed to trap them.
There were a pair of foo dogs sitting at the entrance of that chinese restaurant
A website that becomes unreachable after getting mass amounts of traffic by being mentioned somewhere else. Used much like Slashdotted
except it refers to the news site Fark.com
My web server went down. Why? It was farked pretty heavily
1. Word coined in an IRC channel as a space holder for other words much as foobar
2. Can coupled with baka
as an intense insult.
1. #foojoo is the channel to put it in, just fill it with whatever your channel really is.
2. Baka foojoo! You got us kicked out!
1. Used in online RPG's and other games as a measure of a character's power.
2. Can be used by the person playing a character in a game, meaning "level up"
1. Dang.. I still need 5 more levels before I can do anything useful
2. After I level my guy, i'm quitting for the night
A channel operator on IRC who racks up vast numbers of kicks - usually in channels where people won't stfu
An IRC channel which draws bunches of lame
n00b's who get kicked (cannoned)frequently. (Usually ANY *nix related channel..)
<Foo> !kick Lamer1
<foo> !kick Lamer2
<RogerD> Foo is in his n00b cannon mode today..
2. <RogerD> You can't even talk in #linuxhelp anymore these days cuz of all the kick messages. The place is a n00b cannon!
1. Came from Counter-Strike, meaning "Pistol Owned". Very humiliating for whoever got "pwned" as the pistol is the weakest weapon in the game.
*JN01 just filled Foo full of holes with the pistol!
<JNO1>Hah! You just got pwned!