1. A gaming buddy who will often visit s friend's house, and play his friend's video games (with his friend)as the Player 2, or second player in 1 vs 1 matches. These may or my not (but often are), games said player 2 does not own and is often bad to mediocre at. A Player 2 can be characterized by being owned by his friend many times in any said game for the first few visits, but then gets to the point when he/she wins upwards of 40% of the time. These are often close friends, and don't stay sore about losing. However, their friend may cheat against them, or get them frustrated by causing their character (or whatever they play as in the game) to consistently epic fail through said Player 2. A good player 2 will eventually get good at said games, but will never NEVER ask for their friend to go easy on them unless they are not having fun.
2. More simply, the second player in a two or more player video game.
Player 2 :
I have no X Box, but I was playing Halo 3 at my friend's house a few times. He kept in sniping me and using invisibility and bullshit to kill me, but in the end I killed him like five times. I came over the next week, and after a while I got a three kill streak with the gravity hammer, and was harassing him using the hornet, hut he still won.
My other friend came over my house, and we played Star Wars Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron 3 on my blue cube. I shot him down like four times in one game, then in rampage mode my score was three times his. About a few years later, he manages to beat me in rampage sometimes, and can beat me in a dog fight if he cheats with lock on missiles, or if I bs and fly dramatically.
1. One of the coolest characters from all of star wars; a male Mon Calamari, who became the leader of the Rebel alliance, and later a general for the New Republic
(For more on the serious STAR WARS definition, check wookieepedia.com)
2. His best lines, as of Star Wars episode six, were as follows:
(when the imperial fleet appeared) "It's a trap!, (when the death star first fired) "It's no use general Calrissian!", "Our cruisers can't repel fire of that magnitude", and lastly (when the tide of the battle was starting, albeit STARTING to turn), "We've got to give those fighters more time", "Focus all firepower on that Super Star Destroyer!". The ironic part about the last line is that only about five minutes after him giving the order, the largest ship in the Imperial fleet went crashing into the death star.
3. Someone who is in a hectic situation, and acts dramatically while telling others what to do, often becoming wide eyed, bossy, and pessimistic. This isn't an insult, rather a way for us Star wars geeks to let off steam by placing a rarely - used name on somebody.
4. A chick (as in baby chicken), belonging to a group of 24 who were class pets in a science class from March 30th to April 8th 2009. This baby chick was the second one to hatch, and had brown and black racing stripes with yellow around the black eyes (the 1 milimiter radius directly around the eye was also black), giving it a very unique look, and becuse the facial features were very stark, the chick was named Ackbar. Afer April 8th, Ackbar and the other chicks were sent back to the farm to be bred for eggs (not killed).
5. A character from a movie or book, usually a male over 35, who is the commanding general of an army, and acts in a similar way to Ackbar, often being dramatic but pessimistic. If this character is a villain, he is either the main villain or the main villain's second in command and has very little personality other than obvious negatives.
If this character is a hero, or a good guy, he is often one of the side main characters, who are main characters but don't receive as much attantion as the main character. They are occasionally friends or acquaintances of the main characters, and their personality rarely goes far beyond wanting the best for their people, and being kind but basically just being a general.
6. A person with a tall forehead and wide set eyes, who looks like a fish (alternately, people may say they look like a cow). They may have a rasping voice.
7. Almost always used by us Star Wars geeks, but a legitimate slang word anyways.
1. No, it's not sad since i love star wars and Ackbar is one of my favorite characters; I have a life, have kissed girls, and take things personally mlike any other fellow.
2. Just the scripting.
3. Girl at mall: Oh my god, oh my god, I HAVE to find the right dress in time for the prom, it's tomorrow and we gotta go soon!
Her friend: It's ok, there's loads of good dresses here. Just stop being such an Ackbar
Girl at mall: A what?
Also, Mel Gibson's character in "The Patriot", in the end battle when he was screaming "HOLD THE LINE!", "HOLD THE LINE!"
4. Awwww, look at little baby Ackbar!
5. Most commanding generas from movies; King Leonidus from "The 300", although his personality was much more developed, The Greek Generals from "Troy", the head Japanese general from "Letters from "Iwo Jima", etc. etc. etc.
6. Not to be mean, but u get the idea
7. Nerdy #1: Let's make Ackbar an often used slang word.
Nerdy #2: I dunno, a lot of people haven't seen all the star wars movies, much less ep. 6
Nerdy #1: Who cares? It sounds cool, and there's always room for another word!
Nerdy #3: Sounds good, ya know your sister is such an Ackbar
Nerdy #2: I guess I'm with u guys, we ought to spread the word.